- Advent is the season when we prepare for Christ’s coming. (4 weeks)
- Christmastide is the season when we celebrate Christ’s incarnation. (12 days)
- In Epiphany, we remember how Christ made God’s glory known to the world.(up to 9 weeks)
- The Lenten season leads us to the Cross, the climactic event in Holy Week, which concludes Lent. (40 days plus Sundays)
- Eastertide (the Great 50 Days) celebrates Christ’s resurrection, new life, and his ascension to glory. It concludes on the 50th day, Pentecost, the day of the Spirit’s outpouring.
- The Season after Pentecost (or Trinity, or Ordinary Time) is the time of the church, when by the Spirit we live out the life of the Gospel in community and in the world. (up to 29 weeks)
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Have you ever thought about the Christian Calendar? Consider the different seasons-